Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A CHINESE PROVERB . . .

This is the lily project I promised you. It is a fabric wall art piece that contains a Chinese proverb I really like. In addition, it has several large tiger lilies on it, my favorite flower. It measures 23 X 26 inches. I created the piece with the intention of entering it for consideration in the 11th Annual Lily Festival Juried Art Show in the Stonewall Gallery at the Campbell Pottery Store. I hope it is accepted! The only criteria is that the artwork contain lilies. I wonder if it might just be too "me" to hang beside traditional framed and matted oil paintings. I guess we shall see! Regardless, I really enjoyed making it and discovered that I LOVE putting oil pastel colors over basic printed cotton fabric. That is how I made the lilies.
Can you read the proverb correctly? (you can click on the image to make it larger)
The juried part of the show takes place in late June. I will let you know how it goes!

No comments: