Thursday, July 21, 2011

PLAYING IN THE KITCHEN . . . WHILE WAITING FOR PAINT TO DRY....

While waiting for paint to dry, I wandered into the kitchen and made this really cool looking loaf of Sunflower Bread. Because, since it is only 94 degrees outside today I really should crank up the oven, right? Sheesh...what WAS I thinking! It was a reflective time for me though, so apparently the right thing to do. I was thinking about my good friend Vanessa who is "all things sunflower" and I was pondering what kind of day my friend Geree might be having as she undergoes a serious surgery. My mind will stay with her the rest of the day. Here is the recipe for "sunflower Bread". If it ever cools down where you are, I recommend it highly. SUNFLOWER BREAD 1 1/4 cups water 2 tablespoons of olive oil 2 tablespoons of molasses 2 1/2 cups white flour 3/4 cups wheat flour 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed 2 tablespoons of powdered milk 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt 1/2 cup of sunflower seeds 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast Mix and then kneed for 5 minutes, adding flour as needed. Let rise for 1 hour. Punch down and form into a ball , dust with flour and cut 3 slits across the top. Let rise again for another hour. Then bake in 390 degree oven for 25 minutes. It smells wonderful! Now, go do something fun!

No comments: