Friday, July 12, 2013

My Love Affair.......With Birkenstock Sandals ...

Many years ago ( more than 15!),  a wonderful person gifted me my first pair of Birkenstock sandals.  We were living in New Mexico at the time and it was the perfect footwear for there.  I have worn them most of my days during all these years.  And they are worn out.  Of course, I did paint the straps and added some glue-on bling around the front of the soles. 
It was time:  I mailed them off (gasp!) to a place that restores your beloved Birks, and today I received them back in the mail. They have new soles and new foot beds.  Basically only the straps are original.  But, these straps have taken me everywhere, and now they are presentable and can take me all over Italy this fall.   Oh joy!  Below are the before and after photographs of my most prized possession in my closet.  I am supremely happy!
 
 




No comments: