I think it is hopeful and kind, with beauty and grace. It measures 27 X 21 X 1.5 inches on a hardwood substrate and includes wire hanger. The painting is acrylic with assorted papers, including images of vintage letters and postcards. It has two coats of poly acrylic sealer. The painting is heavily textured and invites your touch as you explore it. It is available for sale at $365.00 which includes free shipping. (V/MC/AMEX/D accepted.) Please contact me if you would like additional information and photographs.
This beauty is a six piece Oneida tea set that had lost it's luster, literally! I added acrylic paint and some gold guilder's paste, then sealed it so it can still be used as a coffee/tea set. If you would like additional information please drop me a line as it is ready for a new home!
This little chest was on its way to the landfill. I loved the size and the lines! It is well constructed and the drawers are on smooth operating rollers. It needed a little help though. I offer you......
" The Postal Chest"
Painted with gray acrylic, top and drawer fronts covered with postal imaged papers and enhanced with gold wax.
I decided that I needed another large piece of furniture in which to store paints and art supplies. This dresser was at a local thrift store and we brought it home in "Bob the Truck" for a paltry $10.00. Here are before and after photos. Roy repaired the hinges on the center door, I sanded it, painted it and used a beautiful Rose Gold metallic paint on the hardware. My art supplies are so happy.....
Since moving into our new home and setting up my studio I have been looking for additional storage options for all my art supplies. Recently we found an old dresser, much used, at a thrift store for $25. Roy fixed a couple of the drawers, I sanded it all down and got ready to paint. The result makes me so happy! I will show you before/during/after pictures so you can think about doing something similar.
Before (such cute legs - hehe)
Sanded and primed drawers
Drawers painted with Glidden "Oregano"
I painted the insides of the drawers with leftover pastel paints I already had.
Close up of the details on the smaller drawers. I used two different stencils for the graphics. I kept the original hardware, just painted it the cinnamon color and then gilded the edges.
The three small drawers across the top of the dresser
Now you can see two of the four larger drawers. The dresser body is painted with Glidden "Cinnamon".