Monday, July 17, 2017

Adventures in Furniture Painting

Since moving into our new home and setting up my studio I have been looking for additional storage options for all my art supplies.  Recently we found an old dresser, much used, at a thrift store for $25.  Roy fixed a couple of the drawers, I sanded it all down and got ready to paint. The result makes me so happy!  I will show you before/during/after pictures so you can think about doing something similar. 

Before (such cute legs - hehe)

 Sanded and primed drawers

Drawers painted with Glidden "Oregano"

I painted the insides of the drawers with leftover pastel paints I already had.

Close up of the details on the smaller drawers. I used two different stencils for the graphics.  I kept the original hardware, just painted it the cinnamon color and then gilded the edges.

 The three small drawers across the top of the dresser

 Now you can see two of the four larger drawers.  The dresser body is painted with Glidden "Cinnamon".

And here it is! 

No comments: