Sunday, November 13, 2011

HUDSON RIVER VALLEY ART WORKSHOP !!

What a wonderful adventure I just had. I don't even know where to start to tell you all about it! Let's start with the accomodations. The workshop was held at the Greenville Arms 1889 Inn in Greenville NY. You can read more about it at http://www.greenvillearms.com/. This is my room. Very small, very comfortable and quite Victorian in all ways. How many different rose patterns could you really assemble in one room? The answer is "many"! There is no phone, no television and no internet connection. There is a very comfortable small sofa with big comfy pillows, perfect for reading or knitting. I did both on those evenings I was too tired to return to the studio. On the wall in my bathroom was a Currier and Ives print of "Rip Van Winkle's Cottage in the Catskills". That should give you an idea where I was in NY. This is the front of the Inn and my room was in the back building, the Carriage House. The Carriage House is also where the work studio was so it was really convenient. This is the Carriage House and the studio is a very large room you can see through the large windows in the front ( that used to be the carrige entrance ). The lights were on and students were often working well into the night throughout the week. To access the Carriage House from the main building you walked across a small bridge spanning a running stream that still showed evidence of a recent snow storm there.
This is a photograph of the front parlor where we got together every evening at 6pm for wine. A warm and cozy space indeed.
This photograph shows one of the 2 small dining rooms where we had breakfast and dinner each day. I love the wood archways!
And now you will see some photographs of the artworks I created during the week. Most of these are just shots of work in progress but I promise I will post them again after they are framed and ready to be seen.
I wish the week had gone more slowly as I was totally engrossed in my art, to the exclusion of all other activities. It was fabulous! And yes, there will be another one in my future. I have learned a new fiber art form that has me excited and I plan to create a meaningful body of work over the winter. You will take this trip with me so I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: