Saturday, March 2, 2013

How many ways can you love a resale shop ?


 Today we braved the 20 degree temperature to browse in our most favorite resale shop.  For my local readers, you know this place!  Yes, "Walker's Buttons and Bows" in Cambridge Springs !. I found this dessert set; four plates, four cups, four saucers and one platter.  They are stamped in the clay on the back "ITALY", and are hand painted.  I love these!  I also love the price of $9.00 for the entire set.
 
On a previous outing I also found this beautiful, and very large, shallow bowl.  It actually measures over 18 inches across!  My memory tells me it was $5.00.
It has a special place in the middle of our very long harvest table Roy made when we lived in New Mexico.  It is made from vintage barn wood and accommodates a large seating!
 
I wonder if my interest in brightly colored flower dishes has anything to do with the fact that we are all quite ready for Spring here.  Probably .......

No comments: