Sunday, November 30, 2008

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR.....

.....and that's one of my favorite holiday songs! Christmas has landed at Straw Mountain Studio and I am just loving it. This year the tree is in my studio so I can see it while I am doing my art work.I love the decorations, I love the music, I love the baking and the gift giving and I love having my family near. I hum Christmas songs while I do housework and while I do art work. I plan baking projects and table settings. I love all things Christmas! Here are some photos for you to enjoy with me.
For many years my Mother made little wooden houses and trees and cars. In addition to the row houses, many of the individual buildings resemble homes and farms and businesses from my hometown. She has generously spread them around the family and putting them out is one of the most important parts of our holiday decorating. This year we added some small figures and two lamp posts that have tiny light bulbs in them, powered by batteries. Next year we will add Roy's toy train that has been boxed up for many years. Time to set those rail cars free, don't you think? I have presents wrapped and more hiding under the bed to be wrapped. I have a turkey in the freezer and ingredients for pumpkin and mince pies, as well as assorted cookies. This is my favorite time of the year! Off to wrap more gifts!

No comments: