And then, I fell in love with it! I had given no thought to colors, just wanting to make the garment and road test it for shape and style. It is so light, and comfy! It has no closures, but just roomy and something to wrap around you if it gets chilly.
I made a basic hood pattern by drawing around a hood on another shirt. The lining of the hood actually has a pocket on it, as I used the front of a shirt for that piece. Again, I was just going for shape and design here. Now I really like that silly pocket in there!
So, the plan now is to create a number of these for sale. They will probably be labeled as "one size fits most" due to their roomy design. Of course, I will give more attention to colors! I should tell you, the white Tee I used on the bottom was quite stained, so I just stamped the red design to cover those marks. Because.......I wanted to wear it!
The front does have my label on it, along with the "Clara Bow" stamp I have used on all my other wearable art pieces. The best part of this entire project was the serger I borrowed from my Mother. All of the seams are on the outside of the coat and the serging thing makes construction unbelievably fast. Now that I have the design down, and the pattern pieces drawn out, I think I can make one in under 3 hours. Stay tuned for the next post with more photos of the next creation. Right now I am calling the line "Sweet T Original". (and maybe next time I can find a more photo friendly body!)