Saturday, January 2, 2010

AND YET....IT IS INSANELY BEAUTIFUL...

I needed to see some color in this world of white. Copper and stained glass makes that happen. The woodpeckers are quite happy and there is always one on the suet feeder. Can you believe that huge white cap on the seed feeder? I wonder how tall it will get?
Here again is the mushroom table top on the porch. Again, I wonder how tall it will get? Even now it continues to snow...and snow...and snow.
Our long and steep gravel driveway now has about two feet of snow and I am sure quite impassible. At the moment, not a problem for us. We are warm and dry and have food in the freezer. I have lots of paint and fabric and thread and glue. I am set for a long time! These cemetery markers are looking a lot shorter aren't they. Their caps remind me of the Pope's hat. I am sure that soon this magical weather will become a pain and I will become a snow grinch. Right now, however, I am just marvelling at the beauty and persistence of snow. There is a roast in the slow cooker and I have projects on the work table. I am happy.......

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My falling yellow leaves now do not seem to be a challenge. I may get up into the 70's today. Your white landscape is beautiful !! d

Unknown said...

Well, I woulden't mind a warm day! Presently it is 16 degrees.

Sue said...

I'm glad you are happy with it. While I agree that there's nothing like being snowed in to justify snuggling down with a book and cocoa, I have to admit I've gotten quite grinchy this year - more about the cold temps than the snow.
I love seeing how you are settling in and in love with your new home!

Unknown said...

Hello my friend! Yes, we are settled in and quite comfy. In our previous home we were cold in the winter. The strong and persistant winds cut through like a knife. Keeping warm here is so easy.....we are very happy!
Oh...congrats on selling your out of state place. That must be a relief!

Deborah said...

I love the copper and stained glass piece! Did you make it? We're collecting glass spheres to suspend from the ceiling in front of some of the expansive glass of our house.

Unknown said...

Oh no...did not make that. I bought it to support a school fund drive. My hands don't really want to work with anything with sharp edges that might be heavy even. I prefer the fabric !