Tuesday, March 31, 2009

LEARNING .....CONTINUES IN 2009

It is a conscious effort I have undertaken, to learn new things in 2009; to try and keep my mind sharp and to be a more interesting person, not so self-absorbed. In line with the new plan, I am reading all I can find by and about Ernest Hemingway. This book is a reasonable biography hitting the high points of his life and including many wonderful old photographs! I love looking at them! This will soon be finished and my next Amazon purchase will be a good copy of "A Moveable Feast", a set of memoirs by Hemingway about his years in Paris. Curious thought; two posts in a row referencing Paris. How strange. A secret wish?

7 comments:

Sue said...

Just too bizarre...serendipity? I began a new book last night (Reunion, by Therese Fowler) in which a literature professor is focused on Hemingway, and I thought...when I am done with this, I'm going to read and explore Hemingway. And then I find this post from you. Great minds?
Paris...be still my heart. My single visit changed my life.

judemowris said...

HI Sue!
I have not yet made it to Paris. but, it looks like all the signs are pointing in that direction! I am enjoying the process of Hemingway. After I do all that is required in that direction, I will be exploring Gauguin. I have often thought it would have been great to sit at a table with both of these guys, and just watch and listen.!

Anonymous said...

Hummm? Where are all the great women authors/artists to read about. My education left me thinking that there were no great women. Just a thought. dee

judemowris said...

I am sure I could find great women to read about. I am interested in Hemingway.
(hey)Jude

Anonymous said...

Did you know that Hemingway had six toed cats when he lived Key West? There are cats that are descended from his cats that still live on the estate? Fun dee

Vanessa Vaile said...

Writes wonderfully, lived an interesting life but totally lacking in essential Royness. You'd probably shoot him or want to before the weekend was out.

Incidentally (or not) a knowledgeable collector and astute, insightful connoisseur of art

I would have pegged you for more of a Fitzgerald aficcionada

judemowris said...

Well, after Hemingway I want to red all about Gauguin. Maybe after that I will move back to F. Scott and the lovely Zelda!