Friday, June 18, 2010

"HANNAH" - 18 x 24 GALLERY WRAPPED CANVAS

This week I concentrated on creating a piece showing more than the face. I included an arm and most of a hand. This was difficult but I enjoyed stretching and working it through. The background is a compilation of several stamped papers. As I go through these pieces, a theme seems to be coming to the front. It is possible I will soon be looking at a body of work showing "women and hats". I love putting hats on them! I am trying to remember to "lose the edges". This is hard for me as all my prior renderings had very hard lines. I continue to work and learn......stay tuned!

2 comments:

Deborah said...

Beautiful! I love the palette and the idea of hats.

Unknown said...

Thanks Deborah! I think the hat thing is happening because I would love to wear hats but they don't seem to work for me. So, now they work for all these women!