Saturday, August 7, 2010

THUNDER IN THE CITY.....

This weekend is the second annual "Thunder in The City" event showcasing classic cars and bikes. On Friday there was a band and street dance at Diamond Park. Today started out with a pancake breakfast at the Unitarian Church and moved on to a day long Community Art Show at the Episcopal Church at Diamond Park. My lovely lady, "Bella" was awarded second place in the "People's Choice" voting. I guess the art show visitors liked her as much as I do! This afternoon was filled with the Classic Car Show and the bike parade into downtown Meadville. Seriously, there were hundreds of bikes! The sound was deafening!
The retail stores moved their inventory out on to the sidewalks and there was live music during the afternoon.
This lovely lady with the funny nose is a friend and fellow artist. The streets were full of people, made all the nicer by having the major streets in town blocked off from traffic (except the bikes).
I decided to leave my altered couture inside. Here you can see the jeans and skirts and dresses, bags and painted shoes. Of course, I was my usual walking billboard for my clothing art. It was a fabulous day and we are looking forward to this event next year.
.

No comments: