Monday, September 29, 2008

THE CHRISTMAS STOCKING PROJECT

I am in the middle of my current project, creating Christmas Stockings for the Bethel House in Moriarty, NM. They have put out the call for 780 stockings to be completed by the end of October. At that time, they will be distributed to various organizations in town to fill them with toys. The stockings will be handed out, along with a food box, to needy families in Torrance County. At this point I have completed 10 stockings with an additional 30 cut out and ready to embellish and sew up. Depending on the time schedule, I should be able to continue with additional ones, but no promises!What fun! Christmas is my most favorite time so this is great fun for me. If any of my local readers would like to participate, please e-mail me and I will forward you on to our local contact person, WanaBeth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a terrific idea. Will the stockings be filled with goodies? Dee

Anonymous said...

How delightful!
Suze

Unknown said...

I'm going to be hitting the next sale soon to get most of my presents for relatives and friends. Just need to make a list now I think, on what I will be buying!

We also do a shoebox appeal in where members of our local church each pack an empty shoe box with tinned foods to send over to the African countries so they can have a better Christmas.