Monday, November 23, 2009

MY NEW BAG FOR WINTER...

I selected some of the upholstery samples I have to make the front and back of the bag, and then located some colorful ribbons to attach. I used two different fabric pieces. I arranged the ribbons and then stitched them down, In some of the open spaces and on top of some of the larger ribbons, I added some colorful embroidery for added dimension.
I lined it with a piece of brightly colored flower print cotton left over from the Fassett quilt and added a cell phone pocket and two sleeves for pens inside. I added a magnetic closure and a strap. I am really going to enjoy carrying this!
POSTSCRIPT: And yet, it continues..........through below freezing temperatures and limited sunshine. The vine and leaves are brown and curled......and yet........

No comments: