Sunday, November 29, 2009

A REGIONAL ODDITY......

Tomorrow morning is the start of deer hunting season. Actually, I think there are several deer hunting seasons, depending on whether the deer has antlers or not, or is male or female, or is young or older. I think. I really don't know for sure. What I DO know, however, is that in the past, so many students were skipping school to go hunting that the Department of Education just gave up and declared the first day of hunting season to be a school holiday. So, now the woods are full of children with guns? Seriously? Is this a GOOD idea? I am hopeful that there is an age limit but I'm afraid to ask. I AM staying in the house tomorrow. Rant over.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do not understand the mentality that would close schools in order to go out and KILL an animal that really cannot defend itself other than running. I totally agree with you. You thought New Mexico was the wild west? Dee