Saturday, February 27, 2010

A "SNOWED IN" PROJECT....

The most recent Wearable Art pieces sold have been jackets. No wonder ,as it generally stays below freezing here. So I have three more jackets to embellish. This one was a simple plain gray velveteen that needed some embellishment. Using some lace pieces, silk flower petals, vintage buttons, purple yarn and pearl- like beads I have transformed it into something unique, and hopefully fun to wear.
I removed all of the labels and replaced them with my own. I stamped a piece of silk with my signature stamp and hand-stitched it in place. It is now ready to put in the boutique next week. That would assume that we will be able to get out our driveway ,as it is right now, quite impassable.
POSTSCRIPT: Last evening we had eight deer show up for dinner. This is a new record! I think it might have been two separate families because two of the larger deer confronted each other while standing on their back legs. One of those alpha male moments I am guessing.

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Beautiful jacket!

Anonymous said...

Lucky buyers to wear your creations! I will look for possible jackets for you to embellish....Interested? Dee

Unknown said...

Thanks Deborah and Dee!
Dee, that would be very cool! In fact, I am thinking about some lighter weight (and color) ones for Spring. The ladies who work the boutique tell me I should make bigger sizes, like 14, 16, 18. I would really like to embellish a jacket for YOU! Do you think you could find one that would fit you and that you would like jazzed up? I would LOVE to do that!