Tuesday, December 29, 2009

DOES ENVIRONMENT INFLUENCE CREATIVITY?

I took this photograph through a window early this morning. The quiet beauty of Our Woods is showing me a subdued palette every day now. The "colors" don't seem to change at all and I am beginning to "see" more of them every day. Shades of black and gray, clean white and brown white, brown and pale shades of pink. I am learning how to see them. And they are beautiful. The color infused pieces I generally create are not here today. This one is calm and clear and quite different. I enjoy looking at it. It is named "All The Leaves Are Brown . . ." and measures 19" X 27".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it!
I guess you might say it's more my style... cshoe

Unknown said...

Thanks! I guess it is more realistic in that they are trees, but not really any trees you would ever see. I have continued to work at it and think it is now finshed.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! What is the media? I could not tell from photo..Happy New Year!!! D

Unknown said...

The "medium" probably doesn't have a name or big following. It is just painted fabric!