This is a photograph of the left side of a plain black vest. (I had already started altering the right side when I remembered to get the camera out!) Here you can see the beginning of the transformation which was accomplished by laying cotton lace pieces on the vest and spraying over them with a mixture of 1/2 water and 1/2 bleach.
The other side of the vest front was altered by laying on a fern I cut from out in the yard and then spraying over it also. Because the spray bottle does drip occasionally this side looked a lot like a fir tree out in a snowfall.
Then I added some white and silver beads in a free form design and finished by removing those very boring black buttons and attaching five all different buttons to complete the look. The overall look is stunning!